Crispy, scorched and spicy as you like: these are the three principal characteristics of “spaghetti all’assassina”, one of the symbolic dishes of Bari’s gastronomy.
The name “assassin” comes from the cooking technique with which these spaghetti are cooked: the famous “risottatura” of pasta.
By now in the general scene it has become an increasingly trendy dish, widespread among adults and children and revisited in various locals in alternative variations.
And that’s exactly what we want to offer you in our restaurant in the street called “via Nicolai 10”, here in Bari. The choice is very wide here, in fact you can choose from more than ten types of assassins, different from each other and which satisfy everyone’s palate.
It’s not only a large part of the Bari population who have tried our dishes that remain speechless, but we add to the list the refined palate of an important figure of international fame: the American actor Stanley Tucci.
Ahead of filming of one of his episodes of the “Searching for Italy” series, Stanley have visited our restaurant in May, remaining amazed. The episode aired on the 23rd of October on CNN.
Our assassin particularly attracted the actor Tucci, who was very enthusiastic and very involved and saw in first person all the stages of preparation of this dish, alongside our chef Celso, complete with a final tasting.
He filled us with a lot of questions since for him it was a real news. At the moment of the final tasting he didn’t know what to say, he congratulated us, impressed by the fact that we had cooked raw pasta directly in a pan and obtained such a result. And in fact the actor commented: “Honestly, I’ve never seen anything like this before”.
Seeing the passion and constant commitment in what we do recognized by a figure of Tucci’s caliber can only make us proud.
The American actor, in love with our spaghetti, won 2 Golden Globes in his career and also received an Oscar nomination for best supporting actor.
It was an honor for us to host him and we hope to have other new future opportunities of this kind.
However, one thing is certain: Puglia, which has long been one of the favorite Italian destinations for American and non-American stars, has also won the heart of Stanley Tucci, together with our assassin.
- Spaghetti all’assassina classici (vermicelli n8, concentrato di pomodoro, aglio, peperoncino)
- Spaghetti all’assassina classici gluten free (Versione classica gluten free: vermicelli n8, concentrato di pomodoro, aglio, peperoncino)
- Spaghetti all’assassina di rape (Vermicelli n.8, aglio, peperoncino, crema di rape)
- Assassina 2.0 (Spaghetti all’assassina con aggiunta di stracciatella)
- Rape 2.0 (Spaghetti all’assassina di rape, crumble di tarallo alle rape, colatura di alici)
- Full house (Spaghetti all’assassina, burratina affumicata, tartare di tonno)
- San Juannidde (Spaghetti all’assassina classica, pomodorino, capperi, pesto di acciughe)
- Cacio e rape (Spaghetti all’assassina di rape, salsiccia sbriciolata e salsa cacio e pepe)
- Cantabria (Spaghetti all’assassina di rape con stracciatella e alici del cantabrico)